Skip to main content

Just Like That


HELLO friends! This is my FIRST ever attempt at writing something down. Please do not expect a lofty fancy name with an intellectually-stimulating content, because I believe in simplicity and communicating thoughts in the simplest most effective way possible. Plus I don’t want to make anyone here feel insignificant either, which I personally have felt at least a zillion times (and continue to feel ) looking at people’s blogs with OMG! such impressive stuff that a lot of it sounds German and Italian to me .For the record if there is anyone Sheldon-ish out there, the I-don’t-want-to-make-anyone-here-feel-insignificant part was SARCASM!


I love observing people. I think it’s the most amazing job on earth. U know why? Predominantly because it doesn’t cost u a penny! (Yippee!! For all those misers out there like me!) Back to business. Now ‘people’ is a very vague term. So let me just stream it down a little for u. ‘Guys’. They amaze me. Yes they do. Now as a pretty introvert girl, my experiences with guys have been limited. More than you can imagine. But trust me. It’s enough to flood books. So I thought maybe I can spare a tiny space for them in my tiny blog. Touched, aren’t u.


It’s easy to term guys as ‘desperate’. More so, if u are on the other side of the court. But do you know, do you have any idea how much it takes to come up with that one cheesy line which sweeps every girl off her feet. Trust me the girl might deny it endlessly and persistently, but at the end of the day she goes off to her bed smiling with that one line still lingering in her mind. A friend of mine once rightly said, “There’s a reason why clichés still exist.”


Now my experiences, limited as they may, have been indeed profound. Eye-opening to be precise. Take for example this particular episode. This so-called long-lost friend of mine turns up out-of-the-blue, that too in the virtual world (yes u guessed it right, Facebook!) and all of a sudden behaves like we have been chaddi-buddies. He drops personal messages to me, religiously visits my posts and ‘like’s them. And if that was not enough, even graces my wall with his precious comments. One of his comments on a picture of mine goes like this, “Hey! It’s great to see you buddy after so long! Where have u been? And you look all the same my friend. It amazes me to see how you have maintained yourself all these years!” Maintained. Mind you, the word was ‘maintained’. So what if he treats you, his long-lost friend, as, I don’t know, a washing machine his father had bought him years back, but which had been able to magically maintain itself on its own. He has all the good will. It’s just a mere play on words, you see. Forgivable. Definitely. The first time can always go wrong. There is always a second chance. Second chance for redemption. But what if. God forbid. What if the second chance turns out to be a déjà vu. ThIS is where you are touched with an epiphanic moment. In Pablo Neruda’s words, “shadows perforate” and what is it you realize. That guys are, indeed, born this way. I call it the Never-say-never spirit! (come on! Girls don’t idealize Justin Beiber for nothing) No matter what. Thou shalt not give up.


Salute! To one of the most extraordinary species on earth, without whom gossips would have gone void. The planet would have felt much less interesting and much more hostile. And for the record, even this post would not have been possible, quite literally.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BELIEF

This happened a year back. I didn’t make it to the first merit list of a college I had interviewed in. I had been instead waitlisted. I called up my dad to give him the news, and in came the answer from his side, “Don’t worry beta. Believe in Sai. He will set everything right.”  I couldn’t help smiling at the way he said it, with so much conviction and, perhaps, blind faith that anybody would feel like believing in it, unless ofcourse one is vehemently sceptic. At one level, it is his helplessness which prompts him to surrender to an unknown presence (maybe ‘absence’ is the right word) which he ‘thinks’ will magically let everything fall into place. It honestly beats my imagination and understanding of the scenario. However, it also doesn’t leave me without some food for thought.  I too have turned into a sceptic over the last few years, which by the way is enormously disturbing to my parents. But I must confess I have not been able to choose a path yet. I call myself a...

She knows not...

She waits… She waits… For what, she knows not For whom, she knows not… She waits… She waits… In vain… For what she gains, she knows not For what awaits, she knows not… Kindles a joy….but what she knows not Kindles a fear…. but what she knows not…. Lives a nightmare…. Ghastly she knows not… Lives a dream… nightmarish she knows not… With bated breath… scaling the breadth…. Damning her fate… Why she knows not…. For how long, she knows not… For if there was a leaf, she would squeeze it in her palms, How, she knows not…. Numb shall leave her the crumple, Why, she knows not... She yearns for something she knows not, or maybe she yearns, but she knows not… Longing for someone’s touch? She knows not… Waiting for someone’s…. what, she knows not….

LEVEL ONE- cleared

The clock strikes 6. I wake up. Reluctant. Hesitant to leave my warm cosy blanket. Who would want to. It’s a long day ahead. And the thought of it is killing me already. My first official day at college and there is an hour and a half to travel. And that too on a DTC bus! For people who have never travelled in one, thank your stars. The experience grills you beyond anything. Pretty nerve-wrecking for someone who has spent her entire life travelling in a school bus, that literally picked her up from her door-step and dropped her back at the same place, safe and sound. Someone who has only heard of the (in) famous Blue line buses. That is enough to shake her confidence. My dad drops me at the bus depot. I hop on to the bus that will take me to the Kashmere Gate metro station. There, I am to board the metro to my college.   Just a quick glance through the people sitting in the bus and I am nervous already. My heart pounding. Really hard. And I feel lost...